Friday, December 30, 2005

ASK BIGFOOT Advise for the Outdoorsman


Dear Bigfoot,


I was at a Christmas party the other day, and overheard some guys talking about camping, hiking and whatnot. I'm not exactly sure I heard correctly, but I thought the guy said he used a 'Dingle Stick'. Okay, so you're the expert. What in the great outddors is a Dingle Stick? Sounds dirty to me.

Curious in Caratunk

Dear Curious,

The very same thought occured to me when I read your letter, so I did what any expert would do: I Googled 'Dingle Stick' and Camping. I can first tell you what a Dingle Stick is not: It is not a tool that Santa uses to discipline his Reindeer ( that would be Kringle Stick). It is also not the latest fiber-optic technology being used by Proctologists ( that would be a Tingle Stick). In my search, I was sent by Google to a number of adult web-sites, and I can't even mention in this family oriented Blog some of the things a 'Dingle Stick' isn't.However, after extensive research, where by the way I finally got a chance to see that Tommy Lee and Pamela Anderson video everyone's been talking about, I did find out the answer to your question. A 'Dingle Stick' in camping jargon is the long stick extended diagonally over a campfire that holds a pot of coffee, Dutch Oven, etc. It is the support stick you use to hang up the stuff you want to cook. I hope this answers your question and gets your mind out of the gutter.

Your pal, Bigfoot Jack@totallyout.com

No comments: