Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I'll Inherit The Earth (but I don't want it)

. . . So as a favor to our intrepid (or maybe I mean inept) news director, I mail some pictures of an armed robbery to the Bangor Daily. The State Police had come to us with some survailence video in hopes that we could enhance it somehow to make the suspect more "recognizable" if you will . . . and mind you, you will, as of this point you have precious few options. I continue. In the spirit of news-fellowship I e-mail these pictures to some cat at the BDN for publication purposes along with a friendly post script . . . "If you have any problems opening these files, give me a call here at the station . . . name and number." Ten minutes later I get a call here at the station . . . .

BDN Guy: "ummmmm hello . . . . . . . . Meek?

Laugh? I nearly died. I suppose that this story would be a lot funnier If I had somehow worked in the odd spelling of my name somewhere prior to the punch line . . . but in the name of sweet anonymity these are the sacrifices we make. At least BFC is smirking . . . no? The rest of you can enjoy the lovely Replacements reference.
http://snakesonaplane.varitalk.com/receiver.php?key=6CC511B72D7FABDBE377DDF424C18A33

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...ooooh...back in old Southie, I was always told the 'Mooks' shall inherit the Oith.