Saturday, April 04, 2009

Poem of the Week, Vol.#46


(An old Chestnut. Reminds me of the time I spent in New Orleans)
The Irish Pig

'Twas an evening in November,
As I very well remember,
I was strolling down the street in drunken pride,
But my knees were all aflutter,
So I landed in the gutter,
And a pig came up and lay down by my side.

Yes I lay there in the gutter
Thinking thoughts I could not utter,
When a colleen passing by did softly say,
"Ye can tell a man that boozes
By the company he chooses"
-At that the pig got up and walked away.
-Anonymous (a famous Irish author)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always loved that one...and the other one, yer Dad, used to tell...you know...the one about the pig with one leg...I always tell that one, to get the party started....won't you regail us? L'il Hubie....yep...the real one.... ;-)

Anonymous said...

You got a Pig that good....you eat him REAL slow...

BFC