Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Day The Music Dies

Grammied

A few thoughts on last night's ceremony. Very few, considering I saw very little of it.

The Gorillaz thingy was lame.

Lady M, while still holding her title as The Worlds Highest Paid Lap Dancer looked grrrrrrrrreat! I'd even pay!

Paul M, sounded pretty good live for an old guy . . . but Paul, if you have to tell us you're going to rock . . . we know that you are not going to rock.

What's with the blink-and-you-missed-it tributes?? Was Bowie even there?

Green Day is to punk as Kenny G is to jazz.

Mariah creeps me out.

Kanye creeps me out

Gwen is still hot even if she is preggers.

How to Dismantle did not deserve Album O' The Year

Kelly Clarkson actually deserved her award.

The White Stripes won for best "alternative" album . . . ALTERNATIVE? . . . alternative to what? sucky rock?
great album, but the award should have gone to "Funeral" by Arcade Fire me and Dave Bowie's album of the year last year.

I love Elvis Costello!

1 comment:

bigfoot chester said...

Alas it is so sad that your love for Elvis is unrequited. But I too have fallen under his spell. I didn't see much of said Grammies except a bit of the Sly and the Family Stallone tribute... dude is the black Howard Hughes. Frreakaaay!
Your Gren Day comment, dead on..posers!

What'd'ju expect? bf