Thursday, February 02, 2006




Dear Bigfoot Chester,

I'm a 23 year old guy who's recently married to a wonderful gal whom we'll call, "Morgan". She's really terrific and all my family and friends think she is the tops. While we were dating and when we were engaged, things were great. It was dancing and dinner every night, long talks on the telephone and romance, romance,romance. But lately, it seems, since we've become husband and wife, some of the luster has gone from the Rose, if you get my meaning. Bigfoot, you're a married guy. Tell me. I need to know. What is your secret to keeping the spark alive in a marriage. I would appreciate your advice. I'm a big fan.

Wilted in Wilton

Dear Wilted,

I'll tell you the same damn thing my old man told me on the day of my wedding, many long and excruciating years ago. He took me aside and said, "Bigfoot, lil' buddy. The secret to a successful marriage is this: take the time, to make the time, at least TWO times a week, to go out and do something really special. Go out to a movie, go out dancing, go out for drinks, take a long walk on the beach. It's this time that keeps a marriage alive". He said, "I usually go on Fridays and your Mom usually goes on Tuesdays".

Using this advice, I have enjoyed occasional marital bliss for over 38 years. Keep your chin up Wilted. And remember, you're noyt in it to win it, just survive. Like the mythical Syssaphys, doomed for eternity to push a rock up a hill only to see it roll right back down, you KNOW what's going to happen when you get to the top anyways. Just relax and enjoy pushing the rock.

Keep your fly wet.

(Bigfoot Chster is neither a Marital Counselor or Recreatioanal Guide[ missed it by thiiiiiis much]. For a complete list of Bigfoot's marital tips, go to www.whenmywifereadsthismyassisgrass.com .

No comments: